Saturday, June 13, 2009





Hi Folks:


I really need your help.

I've rounded up over three dozen wonderful professional musicians who have committed to a "Sing Out for Single Payer Road Show" - health care for all. The first show is in Los Angeles on July 2nd, with 20+ concerts along the way, ending in Bellingham on July 27th. Check out http://annefeeney.com/specialevents.html for a list of all the places we'll be visiting on this tour. And what a cast!

This nearly border-to-border road show will engage thousands of audience members in dozens of key congressional districts in three states and generate thousands of letters and phone calls to Congress and to President Obama.

The tour is dramatically energizing single-payer activist organizations in all three states, and the concerts will generate much-needed donations for local organizations.

The tour will also create three dozen + articulate, informed musical ambassadors for this important issue.

I'm about $10,000 short of what I need to make this happen. I want to be able to offer each musician $100/show + gas money. You can tell from the roster of musicians that these are not people who can afford to give up a week's wages or more to come on this tour - but they're doing it anyway, because they trust me and know that this is a unique moment in history. It's important to be able to leave most of the money we raise at these concerts in the communities where the concerts take place so that local organizers can continue their important work.

If you each sent me $10 right now, I'd have enough money to pull this off in a big way.

Please send a check to:

Anne Feeney
2240 Milligan Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15218

as soon as you read this.

If you want to make a tax-deductible contribution of $500 or more, you can send it to:

Universal Health Care for Oregon
PO BOX 11156
Eugene, OR 97440

(Be SURE to note "Sing Out for Single Payer" or put my name in the memo of your check)

If you want to use a credit card, click on this Paypal button on the right hand side of this blog.

Or maybe you can help me with an in-kind contribution or loan:

If you live on the west coast - I need clipboards, stationery, postage stamps, envelopes, the use a digital camera, the use of a digital video camera and tripod, the use of a van from Los Angeles to Seattle

Or maybe you can forward this to a generous friend...

You've never let me down, and I'm sure you won't now, either.

It seems I've always got my hand out for something-or-other when I come to you... You may get tired of it, and believe me, I get tired of it, too. I can't even apologize for it - It's a big and necessary part of my life's work.

But I so appreciate the folks who get it and just step up to the plate. Many thanks to Jerry Tucker, Kay and Walter Tillow, Labor Campaign for Single Payer, Peter Yarrow, Dr. Paul Hochfeld, Neal Eckstein, Karen Newman, Hilary Chiz and Matt Redabaugh for chiming in generously and early!

I want to thank Sign and Display Workers' Local 510 for donating a 10' x 4' banner to our Road Show... and Gary Huck for the fabulous graphic.

Thanks to all the wonderful organizers who are hosting this tour, promoting this tour, housing us and feeding us!

Together, WE CAN make progressively funded comprehensive universal health care available to everyone in this country!

National Health Care NOW!!


My love and thanks to all of you!

Anne


PS - If you buy some of my CDs this month, it'll help keep me from going under at home while I'm out on this adventure! http://cdbaby.com/all/unionmaid

-- Anne Feeney
anne@annefeeney.com
http://annefeeney.com/
2240 Milligan Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15218
(412)877-6480 (cell)
"Anne Feeney is the best labor singer in North America." -- Utah Phillips
"Anne is a role model for us. She has lived her songs." -- Peter Yarrow
"Congratulations on your fine songwriting!" -- Pete Seeger

No comments: